Re: [glassfish-dev] GlassFish status

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:22 AM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

Just a heads up that the final upstream project awaiting a patch has been merged.

+1, congratulations all!

FYI, I just created https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/issues/23085 for a failure (running examples) due to javax.resource.spi.security.GenericCredential still used, possibly in glassfish6/glassfish/lib/schemas/connector_1_7.xsd & glassfish6/glassfish/lib/dtds/connector_1_5.dtd.  Sorry for the late note about this and issue, but we are just arriving at the point now where we can see this problem.

I'll run again with the latest GlassFish master source.

Scott

Master branch now;

  • Has moved to the Jakarta namespace
  • Builds
  • Runs without OSGI errors
  • Can deploy smoke test application in the Jakarta namespace via asadmin
  • Can deploy smoke test application in the Jakarta namespace via admin console
  • Passes the Quick Look tests.

At this point I am going to tag it as a M1 milestone for the Jakarta EE 9 milestone release. If anybody objects let me know. I will try to tag it tomorrow.

Next big piece of work post the Jakarta EE 9 milestone is to get GlassFish building and running on JDK 11.

Also we have to get GlassFish 6 through the Jakarta EE TCK.

Thanks All

Steve