Re: [geomesa-users] Z-Index Time Interval of hours

Hi Emilio,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will investigate this further next week when I'm back from my vacation.

Since smaller intervals are not supported, will it even make sense to use this type of index in my case or will the database have to perform a sequential scan on every temporal query?

The temporal component of my data is actually just seconds from the start of the simulation represented as a simple long. Would it make more sense in my case to use an attribute index - of this very number - in combination with a spatial one?

Thanks again for your help
Janek

--
Janek Laudan
Research Associate

Webite https://vsp.tu-berlin.de
Mail      laudan@tu-berlin
Skype.  live:janek.laudan

Mittwoch, 08 Juli 2020, 03:51nachm. +02:00 von Emilio Lahr-Vivaz elahrvivaz@xxxxxxxx:

Hello,

I'm actually surprised that you didn't get an error. There isn't any implementation for hourly intervals, so it either didn't index the time, or it fell back to the default weekly interval. You might be able to use the 'describe-schema' CLI command to see if the user data was persisted as you specified.

Thanks,

Emilio