[geomesa-users] geomesa geoserver plugin

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have been tasked by my employer with investigating various spatial software solutions for the Hadoop platform. I have been evaluating the GeoMesa software and have come across a problem. I have followed your website’s instructions with regards to raster data, deploying the GeoMesa plugin to GeoServer with little success.

http://www.geomesa.org/geomesa-raster/

http://www.geomesa.org/geomesa-deployment/

After following the instructions as described in the above URLS, I logged into GeoServer’s UI and attempted to add a data store. Unfortunately, the “GeoMesa Coverage Format” selection did not appear anywhere under the Raster Data Sources section. Nor did the “Accumulo (GeoMesa)” selection appear under the Vector Data Sources section. I thought this might be due to my installing Accumulo 1.6.1 on our cluster. So I elected to use the jar files that came with my Accumulo install. For our Hadoop cluster, we used Ambari 1.7 and installed HDP 2.2.

The jar files copied to /usr/share/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib are as follows:

accumulo-core.jar

accumulo-fate.jar

accumulo-trace.jar

hadoop-auth.jar

hadoop-client.jar

hadoop-common.jar

hadoop-hdfs.jar

hadoop-mapreduce-client-app.jar

hadoop-mapreduce-client-common.jar

hadoop-mapreduce-client-core.jar

hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient.jar

hadoop-mapreduce-client-shuffle.jar

libthrift.jar

commons-configuration-1.6.jar

commons-lang-2.4.jar

geomesa-plugin-1.1.0-rc.5-geoserver-plugin.jar

I also installed the files associated with the  WPS plugin for Geoserver 2.5.2.

The geoserver.log file did not reveal any issues, but I suspected there still were missing jar files. So I went into the geomesa lib directory and copied all the jar files into the /usr/share/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib directory. I restarted Tomcat (version 7) and proceeded to the Add Data Store page in the GeoServer UI. To my delight, the “Accumulo (GeoMesa)” selection appeared under the Vector Data Sources section. Unfortunately, the “GeoMesa Coverage Format” selection still did not appear under Raster Data Sources. So I am still unable to register the raster pyramid that I ingested into GeoMesa/Accumulo.

Regards,

  ­­

Back to the top