Re: [geomesa-users] Sorting

Marcel,

GeoBench is soon going to be announced as a new LocationTech project,
one that is jointly developed by many of the same people working on
GeoMesa and GeoWave.  We are very excited to have a common evaluation
framework in place that we can all use.

As for sorting, the current GeoMesa implementation -- I'm not qualified
to comment on GeoWave's work -- does occur on the client side, so it is
not parallelized.  This could certainly be optimized, but has not yet
been a high priority effort.  It would be a great contribution from
community developers...  :)

Thanks!

Sincerely,
  -- Chris