Re: [geomesa-users] environment setup - match with cloudera offerings?

Hi Mike,

That's a great point.  Getting started with a cloud stack is an involved process, and we are committed to help folks get started with GeoMesa.  So far our limited time toward this goal has been focused on documentation and tutorials.  We've discussed preparing AMIs and other resources along the lines you've suggested.

Along those lines, if your process generates a good starting place, we'd be more than happy for you to share your knowledge with the community.

Since GeoMesa lives on top of Hadoop and Accumulo, and further interacts with MapReduce/Scalding and Spark, I feel like GeoMesa usually is one of the later pieces of software installed.  As such, I expect that GeoMesa can and should be rebuilt to target the particular versions of software on a cloud.

In general, all of this will be easier once we have finished our initial IP review.  At that point, we'd be able to cut releases, and as part of that process, we may be able to support various CDH releases.

Thanks,

Jim