Re: [gemoc-users] Gemoc Tutorials

Hi

Le 20/02/2019 à 17:32, Lea Brunschwig a écrit :
Hello,

I am an engineer from the University of Pau and I intend to go through your five tutorials but I can not complete any of them.
I guess the last version of Gemoc Studio is not the same as the one that has been employed for the tutorials since the screenshots are not corresponding with the actual tool. The steps might be different, in any case some features are not working.

You're right several tutorial were writting with older version of the studio and haven't been updated to work with the latest studio

I'll try try to add a note about the version of the studio that was used for each of them and re-order them in them as the only one that is actively maintained is the " Language Engineering with The GEMOC Studio" Models 17 https://github.com/gemoc/MODELS2017Tutorial

note that several of the FSM based tutorial are similar to some of the examples directly in the studio, some (currently one example: the K3FSM) of them wil have DIY (Do-It-Yourself) information in the help section (available online https://download.eclipse.org/gemoc/docs/nightly/K3FSM-example.html or in the  help content directly from Eclipse workbench) which are similar to a tutorial

For instance :

- in Marked Graph tutorial :
--- 2.1. the archive containing all the projects that will be created during this tutorial shows several exceptions
--- 3.1. There is no "new GEMOC Concurrent xDSML Project" but I guess I found this feature in the Gemoc "marketplace" but still the "src" folder has been generated empty unless I have to create it by hand?
this example is quite old and was written with GEMOC V2.1.0 - 2016/03/16 (expand the tab to get all versions on page http://gemoc.org/download.html ) maybe some newer version may work (up to 2.3.x)
yes, you can find a version of the concurrent engine in the market place (actually, the GEMOC discovery)  but I'm pretty sure that the explanations and provided projects of the tutorial will need to be updated in order to work. (Ie do he steps manually with the latest version of the studio instead of importing the prepared projects of the tutorial)
We are in the process to re-integrate the concurrent engine in the mainstream studio

yes, some src, src-gen or xtend-gen folders may be missing when importing tutorial projects and then eclipse raise error about them, creating them by hand fix the error  (note: this is a stupid eclipse error related to the fact that git usually do not preserve empty folders, so the git archive do not contains the "empty" folder that will receive the generated files :-(

- in Language Engineering with The GEMOC Studio (#1 and #2):
--- I can not see the Mutidimensionnal Timeline because I have a problem with Java FX and apparently a wrong JDK (1.8). It is maybe not related directly with Gemoc but you might have a hint regarding this problem?
For this issue, first verify that you use Oracle java in both eclipses workbench (language and modeling), you can check the configuration using Help -> About Gemoc Studio -> installation details -> configuration.  Even with oracle jdk you might still have some issue on linux (GTK3 problems If you are in this situation send us your configuration so we can send you back more guidance)

--- 2. Download the FSM Implementation Projects ; I have "404 - This page couldn't be found."

for this one, you should try to contact the xmof team (Tanja and/or Erwan bousse) who has written this tutorial, because this tutorial is about an external engine not written by the main GEMOC stream. they are the only one able to fix the page.
note: the git repositories of this engine  are here https://github.com/moliz  so , maybe the example is supposed to be https://github.com/moliz/moliz.gemoc/tree/master/examples/fsm ?

best regard
Didier Vojtisek

Thank you for your help in advance.