Re: [escet-dev] GitLab
  • From: Dennis Hendriks <dh_tue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 07:26:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=none; dmarc=none; dkim=none; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=tbqgHnQPffun+0r7tM3D8t/TL0sjzXeTsCREehWor5Y=; b=EA0fprQTK4vGj3dRoml1gTDQCHB6IVzlBaV2pJtjxK1IBO0vCfNwibFt5NMOqlLYqIiJEy7UnFTO6X+JwSHxnbgJlKfOCIuQwESHHVDX/Y4LaJ33gvNHTXpI0xLKDmI3ZsT67HZbRn4G8B5faCLMmD0alQSh1tnjpESsfX9kKnoTT1HRbqYCbwkUTFmOQI2hmQm8fJTZ0HQzh26qXccPcPurgRIW+bvDNCCcs318mkGM5M2fw7ZEF7iy+0AfGrCvsJX1ZuVIIXBym8BO6qveyEx03fw+NXejMrXJSQ3xOhZtOG/EjdeUM1cDOk8JwO5nBFEZVM2AGmwMNiEjbMfzTA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=gX4WEWkzayPt/LwSOsKGGOh/LBjJY0YCYSL5n5UK3CGffBDRaXj1HB17xSjEVy0DNhDOaMb1ZCXIFmYZz7Be2eUjTTyJfC1db9kL1kFILQSt4DQD9I3HB30SZaKYbcwDO4NB3i54jW37xKKWtOk0IBwMpIaweP5+VizAjwANmR96P6kyPZN7Gp+oto5+gGw8PbFHNsD6K7AosUuEWBBe/SLepGoPalcEMHoJminOiS6C/poop00njWub46uZQltD6BXe5NwPVHa4caAdGJkaYB/vfWtZUDOxhQZzfaKPwa7OU0rq1muXEcoMsRsV2U/k5jKOS3ECW2EncmQ6ERiY0g==

> I am not a fan of longer labels.

I agree long labels are not ideal, so let's not do that.

Colors work better.

I tried to change the colors a bit. We have quite some component labels, so just shades of blue won't work. I used shades of blue for Chi/CIF (modeling languages), purple shades for Common/Products/RelEng (support components), orange/brown for SeText/ToolDef (support languages), and changed 'Help Wanted' to grey. I think we now have quite distinct colors for each of them.

Another option is to have a single letter prefix, eg "cChi" just as effective, and much less long πŸ™‚

Seems a bit unreadable for anyone who doesn't know what the 'c' prefix stands for. I propose to leave the names, and see whether the current order even bothers us.

>> I 'starred' all the labels. This allowed me to define an order [...]
[...] wait until we have a decent set of problems first πŸ™‚

Agreed.

>> Not sure what to add to my 'test' issue (#2). Nothing...?​
Isn't that just our issue system that is working?

I guess so indeed.

Dennis