[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] Oxygen M6 Reminders- Please note we have API freeze this Milestone
- From: "Sravan K Lakkimsetti" <sravankumarl@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 09:16:28 +0530
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Eclipse Oxygen M6 Stabilization starts next week with a goal to deliver on Mar 10, 2017.
The build schedule has been updated and can be downloaded from here.
Important Note: We have API freeze this milestone
- Monday: Last day of development (and even then, no "big changes"). After Monday 20:00 ET, no feature work or unrelated fixes are allowed -- only regression fixes.
- Tuesday: All-day test pass. Nobody should develop or fix anything. Literally spend the entire day testing.
- Wednesday: Fix day with a focus on fixing regressions found during the test day (Tuesday). No unrelated fixes. Review and thoroughly test all commits.
- The last Wednesday build is the release candidate every team signs off on Thursday.
- The "New and Noteworthy" entries are due on Wednesday evening:
Git repo: ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news.git
Live website: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.7/M6/
- Thursday: Sign-off after re-testing, or at least confirming no changes have been made to your component's code since the last time the component was tested well.
- Friday: Build is officially declared and made available.
- The master branch stays closed until the milestone is officially released. (That is, it is not enough that your component has signed off.)
No new code changes can be made until the milestone is officially declared. That is, it is not enough that your component has signed off.
Thanks and Regards,
Sravan Kumar Lakkimsetti
IBM India Pvt Ltd,
Embassy Golf Links Business Park, D Block,
Off Indiranagar-Kormangla Inner Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560071, India