[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Aspects and OSGi Weaving Hook Service Specification (56)
- From: Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:28:28 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=bLxjKc53HYTDI4kJ4viGeyhQpR3tcIbUMH1F41TdLGsBfgp7DQivTXxqzE7ezqbNtC PCjAGO00X0TvvDqvQrvV/d4Cp13zH9sbPDu3VASvU4Tlb2p364B/R6dYCFLhmNDWaEm6 4i6/u7CqNcwiAVbJfXJlZM98l+7SvzIV6V0Uc=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110414 Thunderbird/3.1.10
Equinox Aspects is not the implementation of the OSGi Weaving Hook
Service Specification. That specification is implemented as part of
Equinox 3.7, I think. So if you use Equinox 3.7, you already have that
specification implementation at hand.
Equinox Aspects (now called Equinox Weaving) has graduated and ins now
part of the Equinox SDK, so regularily updated by nightly builds, etc.
Nevertheless there isn't much activity in this area over the past month,
but its pretty stable and usable.
The relationship between these two things are:
- Equinox Weaving was implemented before the weaving spec came out, to
it is still based on some Equinox-specific hooks deep inside of Equinox
and is currently build mostly to weave aspects into OSGi bundles.
- The OSGi Weaving spec was done to allow all kinds of bytecode weaving
on a general level, so you should be able to re-implement the
aspect-weaving part of Equinox Weaving on top of the new OSGi spec right
now. I haven't done that (haven't found the time), but its on my list.
The web will be updated soon to reflect all this...
Hope this answers your questions!
Could you please clarify for me whether the Equinox Aspects is the
implementation of OSGi Weaving Hook Service Specification? The thing
that confuses me is that Equinox Aspects was last update May 1 2009
(according to it's home page
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/aspects/index.php) and is
still in incubator state with Milestone 7 as the latest version while
OSGi Weaving Hook Service Specification (56) was added to the
specification starting with version 4.3 which was released about a
If the Equinox Aspects really is the implementation of this
specification then what is the current status of this project, what is
it's latest version and is it stable?
If the Equinox Aspects is NOT the implementation of the specification
mentioned then what are the differences between the two and what can
help me in choosing between them.
Thanks in advance...
equinox-dev mailing list