Re: [equinox-dev] Enabling security in Equinox

On Oct 30, 2009, at 8:53 , David Conde wrote:

IF you do not want to do it programatically, you should use
Local Permission which are defined in permissions.perm file. I think this
restriction in Conditional Permission is because of security matters.

Local permissions only allow a bundle to declare to the framework the permissions it wants. The framework then makes sure it will never get more than that (but maybe less). This is a good way to prevent having to audit third party bundles/code before accepting it, but I don't think it's a solution to prevent having to setup security.

Greetings, Marcel

Back to the top