Re: [equinox-dev] optional dependencies for weaving.aspectj

Yes, that does sound correct. You could "work around" this behavior by also using dynamic imports to allow late binding of the of the org.aspectj.weaver packages. For example:

DynamicImport-Package: org.aspectj.weaver;version="1.6.3",
 org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime;version="1.6.3",
 org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.definition;version="1.6.3",
 org.aspectj.weaver.tools;version="1.6.3"

To be clear you specify this in addition to the optional imports you have now. I am finding optional imports to have less and less value over fully qualified dynamic imports. The only reason you are forced to use optional imports is to allow the build system to add the weaver packages to your class path at compile time. At runtime you could get by with only having the fully qualified dynamic imports.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Martin Lippert ---09/15/2009 03:41:55 PM---Ah, I think I found the problem. I used a hand-crafted conMartin Lippert ---09/15/2009 03:41:55 PM---Ah, I think I found the problem. I used a hand-crafted config.ini which

Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx>

09/15/2009 03:41 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] optional dependencies for weaving.aspectj

Ah, I think I found the problem. I used a hand-crafted config.ini which
listed org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj but not org.aspectj.weaver
(the exporting bundle). That caused the optional dependency of
weaving.aspectj to not get wired, even if the update.configurator
installed the exporter later on. But that sounds correct, right?

-Martin