[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] .qualifier for export package?
- From: Darin Wright <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:33:59 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> API Tooling also has
> items in plan that deal with package versioning, but that will be post
FYI - plans for package version support in API tooling have been reduced.
Currently, there is nothing on the draft plan due to resources available
to do the work, and the fact that SDK plug-in developers generally use
components at the plug-in granularity vs. package granularity. I'm not
sure there is a compelling story to have SDK bundles change to using
package imports. Of course, if someone else has the resources to do the
work and sees this as a priority, please step up.
> Thoughts for how/if this should be introduced?
To start, I would like to see a better specification developed/agreed upon
before tooling is introduced. Currently, the description of package
versioning is minimal - leaving questions to the developers and tool
Here are some obvious questions:
* How are @since tags formatted to indicate that the version number
corresponds to packages vs. bundles?
* How are initial package versions derived for existing bundles?