Re: [equinox-dev] set bundles startup/shutdown order

I don't think so. Bundles are stopped in reverse-prerequisite order (bundles you require will be shutdown after you). If the bundles are not related to each other there is no guarantee about what order they will be stopped in.

John

Jacek Pospychała <Jacek.Pospychala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

08/26/2008 03:57 AM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] set bundles startup/shutdown order

Dear Equinox
I have two bundles that don't depend on each other in any way, but they
work on the same file in BundleActivator.stop() (because of some bug)
and now I have to constrain their shutdown order, to make sure the file
is correctly written.

So is there any way to give Equinox any hints about bundle start/stop
order? I'm ok with internal, non-API or hacks as this won't be any
permanent solution, but until one of bundles gets fixed.

thanks

Jacek