[equinox-dev] running startApp from equinox console

I'm trying to setup an Equinox server and run startApp from within the console. I'm successfully starting org.eclipse.equinox.app bundle upon framework start, and so see the application commands in the console of the OSGi server.

But when I give the startApp command in console, the exception below is thrown. Here is the block of code from EclipseAppContainer (that is doing the throwing). The launcherTracker.getService() call returns null, and so the ApplicationException is thrown:

           synchronized (this) {
appLauncher = (ApplicationLauncher) launcherTracker.getService(); <-- This getService() returns null
               if (appLauncher == null) {   <-- this test succeeds
                   if (isDefault) {                 <-- this is false
// we need to wait to allow the ApplicationLauncher to get registered; // save the handle to be launched as soon as the ApplicationLauncher is available
                       defaultMainThreadAppHandle = appHandle;
                       return;
                   }
throw new ApplicationException(ApplicationException.APPLICATION_INTERNAL_ERROR); <
               }
               curDefaultApplicationListener = defaultAppListener;
               curMissingAppLauncher = missingAppLauncher;
           }

So my question is...why does the launcherTracker return null? Is there some other bundle that has to be started in order to have an ApplicationLauncher registered? If so, which one?
Thanksinadvance,

Scott

exception

osgi> startApp org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installer.application
org.osgi.service.application.ApplicationException
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.launch(EclipseAppContainer.java:322) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppDescriptor.launchSpecific(EclipseAppDescriptor.java:93) at org.osgi.service.application.ApplicationDescriptor.launch(ApplicationDescriptor.java:316) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AppCommands._startApp(AppCommands.java:183)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandInterpreter.execute(FrameworkCommandInterpreter.java:150) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.docommand(FrameworkConsole.java:302) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.console(FrameworkConsole.java:287) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.run(FrameworkConsole.java:223)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Back to the top