Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] p2 mixing extensions and services?

Hi Fredrik,

Fredrik Alströmer wrote:
<stuff deleted>

As a hypothetical use-case you could probably also take remote invocation, if you have it as an OSGi service (for example) instead, there's nothing keeping the framework from giving you a proxy-implemenation doing RMI calls, which might be interesting in a distributed system, where the touchpoints are actually remote. Hypothetically. :) I can't think of a situation where this would be the case, but distributed systems are undeniably cool... ;)

Yes, indeed. Just FYI...there is a new component beginning to use ECF remote services with p2...initially described here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg01570.html

ECF is shortly moving to the runtime project, and so are likely to continue more fully in this vein. We welcome your and/or others participation.

Scott

Back to the top