[equinox-dev] How can I get the exact time of each class that JVM spent on loading them?

We have an Eclipse-based application running on MAC OS X. During the startup process, we found that the creation of one object took 5 seconds. After print the time-stamp at the entrance of  the class's constructor, we knew that most of the time were spent before the invoke of the constructor. So we deduce that the loading/verifying/resolving of the class consumed most of the time.

On the other hand, this class has complex dependency trees. It may not be practicable for us to look at each related classes one by one. So we hope to use some tools to find the exact time that are spent to load/verify/resolve related classes when we create the object.

With -verbose:class, we can only know the order that each related classes are loaded. There is no any time-stamps associating with them.

Any suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated.

Back to the top