[equinox-dev] DS in fragment bundle

Hello,

I have one question whether OSGi fragment may expose some declarative services that will be attached to a host bundle?

In the old Eclipse Equinox DS implementation I found that not. In the org.eclipse.equinox.ds.Activator class there is the following code:

                PackageAdmin packageAdmin = (PackageAdmin) packageAdminTracker.getService();
                if (packageAdmin.getBundleType(bundle) != 0) {
                        return null; // don't process fragments.
                }

What does the OSGi specification say about this behaviour? Fragments should not be processes?

---
Best regards,

Lukasz Bobowiec
Software Engineer, Common Agent Services
lukasz.bobowiec@xxxxxxxxxx
(+48 12) 628 9882

IBM SWG Lab, Cracow, Poland
IBM Polska Sp. z o.o. oddział w Krakowie
ul. Armii Krajowej 18
30 -150 Kraków

NIP: 526-030-07-24
Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy KRS
KRS 0000012941, Kapitał zakładowy: 3.073.600 PLN

Back to the top