Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] p2 provisioned eclipse missing companion library

When I read your note I went testing with a local copy of the data that was
supposed to be on the test update site and it seems to work (see steps
below).
 What I usually find not easy to get right is the metadata generation. The
way the generator is setup into the launch config is to generate a top
level IU refering to all the IUs that are generated by this invocation of
the generator. As you can imagine this is an aweful hack that will soon be
discarded. So my recommendation is to generate metadata piece meal and be
sure that the folder only contains the bits and pieces you really wnat
(e.g. if you want to generate MD for EMF, create a folder containing only
EMF).
As for creating an IU allowing the installation of multiple configurations
(like we do today with the SDK), that requires some magic that you can find
in our build files (see eclipse project org.eclipse.releng.eclipsebuild,
folder /equinox/equinox.prov/run.xml). In short we overlay the launcher
feature over the SDK and massage it at gen time. The real path forward on
that space is to derive most / all of the information from a .product file
thus allowing the creation of the metadata in one call and then do the
creation of the artifacts on another one. This is still be to defined but
Andrew N is actively working on it.

HTH,

PaScaL

Steps I tried:
- install 3.4 I build from next week using the admin ui
- start
- install releng tools
- install
- install agent.feature.featureGroup
- install user.ui.feature.featureGroup
- starts (then I can't see the user ui but that's an implementation detail
:-))