Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Artifact GC released

Heads up: If you've been seeing NPEs when installing/uninstalling anything with p2 against HEAD, it's because you need to add the new generator bundle to your launch configurations. I've improved the error handling a bit in the engine, which previously was getting NPEs if a touchpoint was not present (the eclipse touchpoint depends on the gc bundle).

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

11/28/2007 10:58 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] [prov] Artifact GC released

Hello,

Allan and I just released an initial support for the artifact repository
GC.
The project is called org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector and is
available from the project sets.
There are also changes in the eclipse touchpoint and in the sdk.ui.

To activate the GC, start the bundle manually as we have not yet hooked it
up into the start sequence of the agent.

PaScaL