Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Shared install

All,

I've written up a few notes on the Shared Install and a quick summary of what Andrew and I will be doing to start an implementation.  Online at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_Provisioning_Shared_Install

Cheers,
Tim

On 8/21/07, Tim Webb < tim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Pascal,

In the case of a shared linux installation, there is the potential that what you could describe would work though for other situations such as with Maya where the "shared" profile comes from a location other than the local file system, this would be a bit simplistic.  For a first pass Andrew and I are going to do an implementation that would run the reconciler on each launch.  Once we determine the performance impacts of doing so, we will then determine if it is worth optimizing the algorithm further.  This will allow us to get our feet wet with the provisioning code and have something running in hopefully short order.

I'll go ahead and write up some of the discussions on a Wiki page.

Tim