Re: [equinox-dev] JAAS integration (security)

Yep, there's code in the pipeline - it's in the IpZilla process at this point. Essentially, the contribution is geared towards plugging JAAS SPIs into the system (ie: LoginModules, CallbackHandlers and Configuration) and providing access to a platform-wide Configuration and a LoginContext implementation that is extended in Eclipse-related ways: events, dialog-based prompting, etc. Principals are supported via LoginModules, the big remaining work will be integrating the LoginContext into startup, things like the Jobs framework, and authorization decisions for extensions, etc.

For now, toss requirements into the wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Security:_Requirements. It might be time to start categorizing the security requirements into categories for login/user authentication, credential management, code authentication/authorization, etc. I'll do that this week.

-matt