Re: [equinox-dev] how to launch another fw instance in the same jvm

Hmm, it's not easy to achieve it.
I'll check the code of servletbrigde later.
Anyway, thank you, Simon.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:03:48 -0500
"Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kaegi,> Hi Ikuo,
Kaegi,>
Kaegi,> I don't know if there's an example of a bundle that launches another
Kaegi,> instance of Equinox readily available, however the FrameworkLauncher in
Kaegi,> the servletbridge might be a good place to get some ideas.
Kaegi,> A few things to think about...
Kaegi,> 1) Try to isolate the class loader you're using to launch the new
Kaegi,> instance from the bundle doing the launching.
Kaegi,> 2) Make sure osgi.framework.useSystemProperties=false is set to help
Kaegi,> prevent system property collisions with the already started framework.
Kaegi,> 3) If you need to do more than just manage the instances lifecycle,
Kaegi,> start thinking about how you're going to interact/communicate with the
Kaegi,> newly launched instance. For interacting I like using Framework
Kaegi,> extension bundles however you might in some cases want to interact with
Kaegi,> the BundleContext (with a healthy does of reflection) returned from
Kaegi,> EclipseStarter.startup(...)
Kaegi,>
Kaegi,> HTH
Kaegi,> -Simon
Kaegi,>
Kaegi,> > -----Original Message-----
Kaegi,> > From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kaegi,> > [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ikuo Yamasaki
Kaegi,> > Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:20 AM
Kaegi,> > To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kaegi,> > Subject: [equinox-dev] how to launch another fw instance in
Kaegi,> > the same jvm
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > Hi,
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > I'd like to know how a bundle on a framework launches another
Kaegi,> > framework instance in the same Java VM in equinox.
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > If there is any information I can get, it would be very
Kaegi,> > appreciated (e.g.
Kaegi,> > examples of bundle implementation which implements it, tips
Kaegi,> > for it, etc...)
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > Best regards,
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > =======
Kaegi,> > Ikuo YAMASAKI
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> > equinox-dev mailing list
Kaegi,> > equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,> >
Kaegi,>
Kaegi,>      This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.