Re: [equinox-dev] About the benchmarks of OSGi

First you would have to compare OSGi implementations that are functionnaly equivalents. For example eclipse' osgi implements R4.0 behavior which is a lot different than the R3.0.
Then depending on which aspects you want to measure you would probably have to instrument the code base in order to get comparable numbers.
Some numbers that could be interesting:
        - memory consumption of a bundle
        - time to load a class
        - startup time
        - how many bundles can the system handle
        - service lookup time

PaScaL

"rvm2004" <rvm2004@xxxxxxx>

04/12/2005 11:19 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] About the benchmarks of OSGi

Hi all
I am very interested in the Eclipse and OSGi technology. Now I am doing the research about OSGi, and I want to know whether there are some key points or benchmarks that can measure the performance of the OSGi platform(such as Eclipse OSGi,SMF etc.) ,for example the usage of virtual memory, physics memory, basic startup time, and so on. That is if I want to compare several OSGi platform’s performance, and optimize one of them, which aspects should I consider? Which aspects could demonstrate the performance of a OSGi platform?And if I want to do some optimization for OSGi platform,which aspects can I optimize?what is the Future directions?Any response will be appreciated, thanks very much.

Best wishes, Zhoujing

  网易188财富邮--财富的象征;全新开放, 丰富用户名等您注册

最大5G空间,附件40兆收发;免费注册体验 http://www.188.com/ _______________________________________________
equinox-dev mailing list