Re: [epp-dev] updating scope of the Eclipse Packaging project

On Fri, 7 May 2021 at 06:12, Markus Knauer <mknauer23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

this adjustment of the scope to reality is long overdue! There were several attempts (I can remember at least three) to create an installer, and even a service that allowed to create a personalised package. But all of them were dropped after some time (with the exception of Oomph which lives in a separate project).

Thanks Markus. As part of preparing for the review I went through all the EPP Wiki and marked everything that was out of date as such. While doing that I got to revisit a lot of history and attempts at various features.

Maybe you want to add a reference to the neighbouring projects, such as e.g. Oomph.
And maybe the updated scope could mention the Eclipse Planning Council and the Simultaneous Release somehow?

+1 I will make some changes to the Scope (under governance tab) and Overview to mention and link to the related projects.

Please have a look at the release and restructuring review https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.packaging/reviews/4.20.0-release-review for the changes.

Thanks
Jonah

Regards