Re: [epp-dev] 2020-12 - Retrospective

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 9:44 AM Eike Stepper <stepper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What makes you think that automated tests against this type of problem could be implemented in EPP when you already asserted it couldn't be done in SimRel?

I think the scope of EPP is narrower and more precise to more easily cover the main user-stories automatically; while SimRel doesn't have an objective way of identifying which combinations would be worth testing and just identifying what needs to be tested in SimRel would be a very difficult task to deal with even before writing the first line of code. That said, if someone wants to build more QA automation for SimRel, that would be welcome; but I personally would invest more in EPP and less in SimRel as the ROI seems much better; and I also think that putting more QA automation directly in the projects would bring a better ROI.

Back to the top