Re: [epp-dev] About optional +1 (was Re: EPP 2020-09 RC2)

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 09:45, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If some packages don't have the sufficient support to find someone to test them and send a +1 once every 3 months, maybe it's a sign that they should be retired.

This +1!

I think that each package should get a +1 in the RC2 time period.

Also, speaking as a maintainer in an open source project, the +1s are motivating as a sign that people care. It can be pretty demotivating to send out "please test" emails on a regular basis and hear little to nothing back. Fortunately the download counts on eclipse.org/download help as that way I know people are actually consuming it.

Thanks,
Jonah

--
Mickael Istria