Re: [epp-dev] About optional +1 (was Re: EPP 2020-09 RC2)

> On Sep 11, 2020, at 10:14, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With this approach of optional +1, it basically allows packages to be fully released continuously without anyone verifying them, it seems dangerous to me.

The reasons this was changed is because everything was manual in the past and this caused additional manual work, confusion and delays often leading to missing packages on the download page.

The source of (most) packages is the simrel repo. It's generally in good state. As far as the Committers and Java package is concerned I cannot think of any issue in the past that qualified as blocking publishing. There were a few issues requiring a re-spin. As far as I remember those have been detected by project teams but not package maintainers and reported via simrel.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/