Re: [epl-discuss] Next Round of Proposed Revisions to the EPL

On 9/12/2016 6:34 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
I think the missing word(s?) are somewhat significant - if I'm not clear on the relationship of the Modified Work to the Program, it is somewhat hard to evaluate that change.

Assuming you go with "resulting", I think the changes look reasonable.

Luis,

I seem to have committed a cut-and-paste error. The correct definition should read:

"Modified Works" shall mean any work in Source Code or Executable Code form that results from an addition to, deletion from, or modification of the contents of  the Program, or any new file in source form that contains any contents of the Program. For the purposes of this Agreement, however, Modified Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, or subclass the Program and Modified Works thereof.

Note that I also somehow missed the first instance of "Code". I think it is preferable to include it to ensure that we using the defined terms.

I will update the document soon (hopefully tomorrow). Sorry about that, and thanks for catching my error.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top