RE: [epf-dev] IMPORTANT - OpenUP/Basic: due work and planned work

Chris, please see my comments below.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM | RUP Team | EPF Committer
Phone: 1 (408) 863-5019 (TL: 560-5019)

www.ibm.com
www.eclipse.org/epf

"Chris Armstrong" <chris.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/11/2006 09:46 PM

Please respond to
chris.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] IMPORTANT - OpenUP/Basic: due work and planned work

> Ricardo, since I haven't been versed in the where and whyfores of CVS, here
> are some things that should be added to the list of OpenUP process elements,
> as it relates to Project Management...
>
> Checklist: Iteration Plan
> Checklist: Project Plan
> Concept: Phase (in base_concepts)
> Concept: Risk
> Example: Project Plan
> Example: Iteration Plan
> Example: Work Items List
> Guideline: Project Plan
>
> In that spreadsheet, I might suggest putting templates inline with each
> discipline instead of a separate section (#7)...

Chris, while you are not versed in CVS details, just send me a new version of the spreadsheet and I update CVS for you. Could you please send me a new version with the items above?

> I've just finished putting all the PM-related bugs (and some extras -- looks
> like I added about 65 or so new items) in Bugzilla and it would be nice if
> one could specify the discipline/domain as a part of the component (instead
> of all items going into the "content" bucket). Like others, I'm using a
> prefix (such as "PM") in the summary...

Interesting point, but I think components in Bugzilla are defined at a higher level, like projects and sub-projects. Under content we could potentially have OpenUP, Agile/XP, etc. as sub-components. Only the Eclipse web master can create components, we should check with them.

As for now, its' a good idea to put the discipline name as prefix of the bug description. It makes it easier to read and identify related bugs.

Thanks for doing the initial classification of bugs priority and severity. I can revisit the bugs you entered and follow the same convention as found in: http://www.eclipse.org/epf/process/change_request_faq.php