Re: [epf-dev] EPF development process

Alan,

the primary info you need to understand whether you want to get involved should be expressed in the development plan. On top of having the one that is now posted on /epf/, we should also make sure thac each component team has a more detailed iteration plan, providing more guidance on what people are working on. This will allow people to say "I can contribute to that".

Ricardo also pointed out that the Eclipse process is the process we follow for governance.
We should use BUP for the project, since it is the only process we currently have in EPF... :)
Naturally, if a component team develop another process, I would recommend them to vlaidate their process by using it, assuming it is applicable for their work (if you develop a process for Embedded Systems, it may still be more relevant fror them to use BUP>

I think Eclipse has been very successful, and I hope that people within Eclipse can help us to capture the culture and practices used within Eclipse within BUP. I will briefly mention that in my 9 min short talk at EclipseCon 2006.

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

Kelvin Low/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/16/2006 05:10 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] EPF development process

Alan,

I think you have clarified your question quite a bit with your response. It's a good question and I will defer the answer to Per and the sub-team leaders. I assume we will be using BUP but the Agile team may beg to differ...:-)

Regards,

Kelvin

Kelvin Low
Software Architect