Re: [emft-dev] Re: [modeling-pmc] EMFT "Project" Compare 0.7.0 release without a Release Review?

Cédric,

The rules for components are certainly not well established.  Generally a
whole project releases at once and hence it would be a project review that
includes all components.   In fact, a lot of times a whole top level
project will release at once so includes all subprojects as well as their
constituent components.  Since much of this comes down to terminology, some
folks take the approach of producing a "final" build rather than a
"release" build.  There's also a such thing as a continuation review,
according to the rules I've read, but I've never seen one of those happen.
(I know Bjorn doesn't like unenforced rules because the weaken other
rules.)  It would be simpler for you just to produce a final build and then
wait to do a release review of your subsequent stream as part of the
overall Ganymede release cycle next year...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             Cédric Brun
             <cedric.brun@obeo
             .fr>                                                       To
                                       emft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             09/27/2007 11:43                                           cc
             AM                        Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, PMC
                                       members mailing list
                                       <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       emo@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [emft-dev] Re: [modeling-pmc]
                                       EMFT "Project" Compare 0.7.0
                                       release without a     Release
                                       Review?

The 0.7.0 release has been removed and I'm starting the docuware for the
review.
I'll ask for the review soon. Though I still feel unsure about the process
for
incubation projects.
Lately I've seen other component releases implying many plugins, and I
can't
find the corresponding release review.
I don't deny the need of this reviews and the fact that it helps in
building
the community, I don't want to start a pointless debate about this or that
component/project  but I would just like to clearly understand the rules
telling if yes, or no, a component should ask for a review.

regards,

Cédric

Le Wednesday 12 September 2007 21:16:18 Ed Merks, vous avez écrit :
> Bjorn,
>
> I'll ask Cedric to rename it as a release candidate and to schedule a
> *component* release review before declaring a release publicly like this.
> Please take note other component leads!
>
> And I'll ask Nick to looking into using ?component= instead of ?project=
> avoid potential confusion (because goodness knows things are confusing
> enough already).
>

> Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
> mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
> 905-413-3265  (t/l 969)