[emft-dev] Re: [modeling-pmc] EMFT "Project" Compare 0.7.0 release without a Release Review?

Ed, Bjorn:

?project= is there for historical reasons because these pages predate the
whole "subproject vs. component" debate.

If this is actually something that will prevent us from being clean in
terms of incubation conformance (beyond just a cosmetic alteration for the
sake of alleviating confusion), please open a bug in Modeling > Modeling >
Website and I'll change all the links. Make sure you assign it to me, not
Rich.

--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |emft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, emo@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Janet Campbell'" <janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>, modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Boldt/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA    |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |09/12/2007 15:16                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [modeling-pmc] EMFT "Project" Compare 0.7.0 release without a Release Review?                                                                 |

Bjorn,

I'll ask Cedric to rename it as a release candidate and to schedule a
*component* release review before declaring a release publicly like this.
Please take note other component leads!

And I'll ask Nick to looking into using ?component= instead of ?project= to
avoid potential confusion (because goodness knows things are confusing
enough already).

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             Bjorn
             Freeman-Benson
             <bjorn.freeman-be                                          To
             nson@xxxxxxxxxxx>         modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,
             Sent by:                  emft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             modeling-pmc-boun                                          cc
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx           emo@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Janet Campbell'"
                                       <janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             09/12/2007 02:40          [modeling-pmc] EMFT "Project"
             PM                        Compare 0.7.0 release without a
                                       Release Review?

             Please respond to
                PMC members
               mailing list
             <modeling-pmc@ecl
                 ipse.org>

Dear Modeling PMC and EMFT Developers,
Why is it that the EMFT Compare component has released a 0.7.0 release
without an official Release Review?
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/downloads/?project=compare
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/previous-release-reviews.php

All projects must have Release Reviews for M.N releases, including 0.N
releases. The Release Reviews are important for a number of reasons.
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#6_3_3_Release_Review

Please explain how the EMFT project did not have a Release Review.

- Bjorn

P.S. And why does it say "?project=" on that URL when it's a component, not
a project?

--

 Bjorn
 Freeman-Ben