From: Christian Damus
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: [emft-dev] emft query library example

Hi, Donato,

This kind of question is best asked on the org.eclipse.technology.emft newsgroup where everybody using EMFT can benefit from the exchange.

Do you have the org.eclipse.emf.query.examples.statements plug-in in your target environment?  (i.e., did you install the emft-query-examples-1.0.1.zip build)  If so, perhaps you should try removing it from your target and instead install the example into your workspace as a plug-in project using the "New -> Example..." wizard.

To verify which plug-in is actually being included in your run-time workbench configuration, the "Help -> About Eclipse Platform" dialog's "Plug-in Details" button will show the version of the org.eclipse.emf.query.examples.statements plug-in.  The plug-in in your target would show a version number with a ".v20060925hhmm" qualifier  whereas the qualifier of the plug-in in your workspace would be just ".qualifier".

HTH,

Christian

Christian W. Damus
Aurora Core Model Services
IBM Rational Software
Tel: (613) 591-7937
-- If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.

<donato.b@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emft-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/04/2006 11:53 AM Please respond to
EMFT Developer Mailing List <emft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 To <emft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject [emft-dev] emft query library example

Hi guys,
i was trying to emulate, just to have an exercise and learn how to work with plugins and emft, the library "query statement example" (this is the right voice in the eclipse projects menu). I cloned it, in sense that i copied all the code in a "Plugin project" and in fact the building is ok (after having set all the correct dependencies) but when i try to execute the project in the runtime workbench right-clicking the objects in the library i cannot get the "query" voice in the menu but i get the ones concerning OCL. Am I missing any setting somewhere? Am I choosing a wrong project (the plugin one)? thanks a lot
Donato