[emf-dev] ESetting/EOperation Delegate

Hi,

With Galileo out of the door I thought now would be a good time to tackle some
new challenges. Well, not so new, actually... It's about bugs
https://bugs.eclipse.org/216701 and https://bugs.eclipse.org/255469
to dynamically specify the behavior of derived features and EOperations.

Based on the patch from https://bugs.eclipse.org/255469 --- which happens to
contain the changes for 216701, too --- we have implemented a proof-of-concept
that lets us specify derived properties, operations, and validation rules with
Xtend. From a user's perspective, this is pretty cool: The ecore file merely
defines the static structure of the model without any annotations. You specify
the behavior in separate *.ext files, thus making use of Xtend's excellent
editor with content assist and syntax validation. We then register a special
EPackage.Descriptor in the Registry that instruments the meta-data and
attaches the appropriate EAnnotations to make use of the SettingDelegates and
CallDelegates.

I'd like to contribute this code to Xtend, but before I can do this, we'd have
to complete the work on bugs 216701 and 255469. I'd be willing to help out
with these issues. But I don't really know what _exactly_ needs to be done to
make the patches ready for prime-time.

Ed, can you write something like a TODO list? I can spare some time over next
couple of weeks to work on this.

Cheers,
 Achim

Back to the top