Re: [egit-dev] PushOption for gitlab-ci

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 4:34 PM Leandro Cerencio via egit-dev <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

First of all, I am Brazilian and not English native spoken, I am willing to reply you if my communication is not so clear.
At my company, we have gitlab-ci for managing CI runners. Sometimes, the developer needs run the runner with
custom variable and he should use --push-option parameter, like Push Options | GitLab. And, the push-option works
in jgit command line.

I tried to add the push.pushOption to the repo properties on Git Perspective. But, it was not working.

So, I patched the org.eclipse.egit.core.op.PushOperation class for supporting push.pushOption repository
properties. I could upload "ci.skip" option. But, the problem is when I pushed ci.variable="MY_ENV_VARIABLE=test123",
it is not lauching the CI runner at all.

I attached the patch file.

Where should I look: jgit or egit? And how can I debug to check what is arriving on gitlab, I tracked all jgit transport classes,
and I couldnt see any problem?

You can't set push options in EGit since the UI doesn't provide a way to set them and
EGit's PushOperation doesn't set them via Transport#setPushOptions or PushCommand#setPushOptions.

Contributions are welcome :-)

-MatthiasĀ

Back to the top