Re: [egit-dev] Push branch dialog

i do agree with Gunnar,
that we now always get a dialog is quite annoying.
I now never press "commit and push" anymore but i am now push it through the Repository view (thats just faster now...)

Dialog should only popup on errors, when I really need to fix something.

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 at 20:56, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2020, at 20:43, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Nevermind. I figured it out:
> https://github.com/eclipse/egit/commit/1d4628f2f2859e3f5e7473cb6d864f5c29e07ee5
>
> It's an improvement for some user while totally destroying/ignoring the effectiveness of EGit for others. Can we please stop doing this? In common UI workflows without larger impact analysis makes people loose trust in the tools they use every day.
>
> Frankly, this feature was working very well before. It would only bring up the dialogue if push to upstream was not properly configured.

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/164934/

Is 5.8 officially released? If not I would like to request this be included. Alternatively a 5.8.1 should be published.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/