[egit-dev] Adding repository invitations api support

Hi all,

I'd like to contribute support for the "repository invitations" API to egit-github core.  Here is the github API documentation:

https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/invitations/

Here is my Work-in-progress gerrit changeset to get the conversation started:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/161168/

I would appreciate a review from committers on how I can improve this.  There are a couple of items that are "troublesome" that I'd like to discuss with anyone interested. Namely, how I had to "hack" the HttpUrlConnection internals to all for using a "PATCH" http method.  That is going to run into problems with JDK9,10,11+.  Also, I added some "live" tests but they have quite a few external dependencies (two separate "test" github accounts) to get the "invite/accept/decline" test for two different accounts working.  I'd like to hear committer's thoughts on how to improve or remove this test.  I don't have enough experience with Mock tests to write a useful unit test so I didn't include one at this time, but I would be willing to author some with some guidance.

Thanks for your time in advance!

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay Developer Tools