Re: [egit-dev] Approaching release 5.6 for Eclipse 2019-12

On Nov 28, 2019, at 10:29, Michael Keppler <michael.keppler@xxxxxx> wrote:

Can you please create the targets 5.7 in bugzilla, such that fixes on
master can be categorized correctly?

I have no clue whether committers or project leads can edit metadata in
bugzilla. Is that possible, or are all such changes done by webmasters
via bugzilla ticket?

Committers can do it, just click on the "edit" icon next to a milestone or target in bugzilla.
If you cannot, something is wrong with the rights attached to your user account.

The interface to create them is arcane and buggy, but workable. Note that one has to
define a sortkey for targets; leave a gap of about 10 so that we can insert patch revisions
for the previous release later on.

But: is the next version going to be 5.7? Or 6.0? In JGit there were already a lot of API
breaks in 5.6, and I think the plan was to do further API breaks in a 6.0 feature branch?

Cheers,

  Thomas

Back to the top