Re: [egit-dev] retention policy for builds

Yes, there is a problem there. I keep meaning to go back and fix it but haven't got around to it.

Alex

On 22 Jun 2011, at 22:07, Matthias Sohn wrote:

2011/6/15 Steffen Pingel <steffen.pingel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Adding a p2.index file to the same directory as the compositeContent.jar
> (or .xml) will minimize the number of accesses that p2 will need in order to
> identify the type of repository. p2 always looks for this file first. If it
> isn't found, it will look for content.jar, content.xml,
> compositeContent.jar, compositeContent.xml (in that order). For people
> sitting across the big pool, each 404 in that process costs at least half a
> second.

Good point. More information can be found here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/p2_index .

I had a look at this page, I think there is a typo in the second last example, instead of
metadata.repository.factory.order= compositeContent.xml, !
artifact.repository.factory.order= compositeContent.xml, !
version=1
it should probably be
metadata.repository.factory.order= compositeContent.xml, !
artifact.repository.factory.order= compositeArtifacts.xml, !
version=1

--
Matthias