Re: [egit-dev] FileDiff and FileDiffLabelProvider

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 03:29, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Kevin Sawicki <kevinsawicki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Currently the classes FileDiff and FileDiffLabelProvider are declared
>> package visibility in the org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.history package.

>> I will gladly open up a enhancement request for this and submit a patch
>> for review, just wanted to check first if there was any specific reason
>> why these shouldn't be used outside the history package.
>
> It's not API, but feel free to make it public instead of package protected.

+1, you can make it public for now. But in the end we should move that
code to JGit.
This code depends on EGit/Eclipse only in one method (getProjectRelativePath()).
Since also JGit users might want want such a method it would be better to have
it in JGit.
BTW: I see that this code hardcoded uses the diff algorithm
MyersDiff() although we have
algorithms producing better results. This should be fixed also.

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top