Re: [egit-dev] MD5 hash is not as expected

Sent from my iPhone 4

On 13 Nov 2010, at 19:07, Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe the download got interrupted and p2 didn't explicitly notice this.
> Downloading the doc jar took quite a while longer than expected.

I have raised several problems with P2 in the past, but generally if it downloads something it considers it the real deal and any other info is incorrect. It used to be much worse but it wouldn't surprise me if an interrupted download took out a repository's dependent features.

As for slow downloads, there's a mirror detection feature that, on average, redirects you to a slower place than your nearest or the master mirror. Many people explicitly disable P2 mirroring lookups to avoid this.

Alex

Back to the top