Re: [egit-dev] Cherry pick workflow?

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I was trying to figure out how to use the new cherry pick
> functionality. It looks like it's only accessible via the history view
> which is no fun.

The problem with cherry-pick is you need to designate the commit that
you want picked.  Putting the action in the history view makes it easy
to designate a commit node to cherry-pick.

> I've been working on a selection dialog similar to
> Open Type (Ctrl+Shift+T) that allows you to browse git-related objects
> (e.g., commits) and select them (there's a few places in the UI where
> I don't like how we let people select commits). I think it makes more
> sense to have cherry pick available when you right click on a project
> or file.

If you do that we need to then show a history view in a dialog, and
let the user modify the display of it until they find the commit they
want.  But I agree with you, its more discoverable to have cherry-pick
in the file/project team menu.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top