Re: [egit-dev] Installing EGit on windows - issues and what I have done so far

after you tried to install it?

None that I noticed. Anywhere specific that I should look?

> Eclipse writes a lot of files into the location where it is installed.
Installing as
> one user and running as another means that you cannot update or install
new features
> - this is no different from (say) FireFox.

I use the same login to install and use Eclipse

> Neither EGit nor JGit are in control of the update mechanism - that's
> controlled by Eclipse. So it would be the same for any other installation.
> You can verify this as Eclipse 3.6.1 has just been released - you can do
"check
> for updates" and it will attempt to download and install a bunch of stuff.
> (that's assuming you downloaded it a few days ago ... You might have
picked up
> 3.6.1 already :-)
>
> Basically it is how Eclipse works - using a space in the name wont be a
problem
> but if you are installing as an administrator user in one location and
then
> wanting to run it as another user then you need to follow additional setup
and
> configuration steps as noted in the help guide relating to multiple user
installs.

Will take note of that as, eventually, I want to separate my admin and
normal user account.

Regards,
Charles

Back to the top