Re: [egit-dev] Bugzilla principles

Hi,

looking at the trend in bugzilla, we try to "tag" our bugs for
different components (eg, Repo view, Sync View, etc). As EGit is
becoming more complex, it is pretty normal that such subcomponents are
introduced.

I'd suggest to follow the idea of different projects to "tag" bugs
properly with a component. Personally, I really like this as it allows
me to have a quick view on all relevant bugs that are open for the
component I'm currently working on (eg. Sync View).

Take a look at these bugs as example:
JDT: http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/ui/doc/bug-annotation.php
RAP: http://preview.tinyurl.com/368z3gw
Mylyn: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2uj9m6u

I'd love to use tags like this for egit bugs and therefor suggest
these three for the beginning (more can be added when we need them):
[sync] - everything related to Synchronize / Synchronize View
[repoView] - everything related to the Git Repository View
[releng] - for build issues

Any objections or thoughts from your side?

Regards,
 Ben