RE: [egit-dev] Bugzilla principles

> Hey,
>
> another thing that came up today. Do we already have a set of
> principles
> how to use Bugzilla?
>  From my expierence in the last years working on RAP and using the
> bugzilla there, we came up with several things that had done a good job
> in the past.
>
> Things like:
> * Always tag your fixed bugs with a Target Milestone to get a proper
> list of fixed things at the release date (eg.
> http://eclipse.org/rap/noteworthy/1.4/news_M1.php - there is a link to
> show all bugs for the M1 milestone).
> * Assign bugs to yourself when working on it and cc the global inbox.
> Assigning is a small problem is nobody else gets mail notifications on
> changes. That's why we set the rap-inbox as cc to bugs we assign to
> ourselves.
>
> I think we should come up with some guidelines how to use bugzilla (if
> there are no already discussed) and write them down in the wiki.

+1 from me

Is there a good source of information about best practices at eclipse? I know http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Bugzilla_Best_Practices, but the statement " Bugzilla best practices are under re-investigation" did not encourage me to read it. There was a discussion on bug 288393 also, but it stopped one year ago.

Stefan

Back to the top