Re: [egit-dev] Re: [jgit-dev] Spinning 0.8.3

2010/6/8 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/6/8 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hey, after we get one more change merged in we should spin 0.8.3.
> >     http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,818
> >
> > I'm confident we have enough done for 0.8.X now and satisfy Eclipse
> > Foundation release requirements for Helios :)
> >
> > I'll let Shawn do the honors ASAP unless anyone has objects.
> >
> > Once that happens, I'll sign and update our contribution to Helios.
> >

> I ran a clean maven build on current stable-0.8 plus the above mentioned
> change
> and installed the resulting EGit/JGit into a fresh RC3 Java package.
>
> I found two suspicious things (see attached screenshots):
> - while installing in the "Review licenses" dialog for JGit the SUA is
> shown, but EDL is no longer mentioned explicitly

*sigh* I know.  The foundation wants us to use the standard EPL
SUA, even though its language is horribly incorrect for JGit.
We could try to talk them into a modified SUA for JGit, but that
will take weeks.  So we'll miss the Helios train.  Or should have
started that conversation weeks ago.

ok, then I am for staying on the train and improving this with the next release

--
Matthias

Back to the top