Re: [egit-dev] Ignored directories and untracked decorators

It appears to be a known issue. Quoting from the User Guide
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide):

"ignored - The resource is ignored by the Git team provider. Here only
the preference settings under Team > Ignored Resources and the
"derived" flag are relevant. Settings from .gitignore files are not
yet taken into account."