Re: [egit-dev] Eclipse EGit updates site down ?

On 05/13/2010 01:48 AM, Matthias Sohn wrote:
On 12 May 2010, at 23:50, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/5/13 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Steven Van Poeck <svanpoeck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please point me to the correct mailing list if this is out of topic.
>
> I'm trying to install EGit since about a week using
> http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates but it systematically returns:
> "Network connection problems encountered during search.
>  Unable to access "http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates".
>    Error parsing site stream. [The XML stream is not a valid default
> "site.xml" file. The root tag is not site.]

Huh, our EGit update sites no longer have a site.xml file, and are
instead returning an HTML error page with "404 Not Found" message
on them.

Chris, any idea what's going on?

I checked our download site using Eclipse Provisioning Admin UI and this finds all the
p2 metadata it expects so it doesn't look broken from p2 perspective (don't know what this tool
covers in detail).

I downloaded Zend Studio and will try to reproduce Steven's problem.
I installed Zend Studio 7.2 and then installed egit 0.7.1 from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates
via "Help > Install new software" and everything worked as expected (see attached screenshot).

I could create a fresh git repository for the sample project, do a commit and view it in the history view.
So it looks like this is a problem on Steven's end.

--
Matthias
Hi all,

Thanks for all the swift answers :)

I was finally able to install the GIT plugin on Zend Studio 7.2.0:
- uninstalled ZS 7.2.0
- re-installed ZS 7.2.0
- switched to empty workspace
- Help > Install new software...

Now, I'd like to install it too on Zend Studio 6.1.2 for which I have a license (I don't have one for Zend Studio 7.2.0) but there is no menu Help > Install new software... so I guess it hasn't a p2 client.

Any idea how I should proceed ?

Thanks,
Steven

Thanks,