RE: [egit-dev] git clone w.o. project files in repo

Hi,

> When cloneing a git reop like described in your wiki vie File->Import without project files in the repo, I have no change to create a

> new project from it right?

Not in the wizard. The wizard does not know which type of project you want at which place of the repo. This feature could be added to the wizard, but it is available in eclipse already:

You can just create a new project with the eclipse New -> Project… wizard, can’t you? For most of the project types you can create a project from existing sources. Just select the folder in the working tree of the cloned repo.

After you created the project you simply have to share it with the Git team provider (Team -> Share).

> When importing files into a directory where already a project is in, eclipse/egit does not recognize that the new folder is an git

> checkout and i don't have the egit features in it right?

A project can only be shared with Git if all its resources are contained in a git repository.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

before I file a bug report, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't get something wrong.

When cloneing a git reop like described in your wiki vie File->Import without project files in the repo, I have no change to create a new project from it right?

When importing files into a directory where already a project is in, eclipse/egit does not recognize that the new folder is an git checkout and i don't have the egit features in it right?

=> To sum up: With no project files in the repo I clone from, I can't use egit right?

My system:

Mac OSX 10.6.3

Eclipse Build id: 20100218-1602

lates egit

cu

Cornelius

--

Dipl.-Phys. Cornelius Weiss

Tine 2.0 Lead Developer

Metaways Infosystems GmbH

Pickhuben 2, D 20457 Hamburg

E-Mail:            c.weiss@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web:              http://www.metaways.de

Tel:                +49 (0)40 317031-545

Fax:               +49 (0)40 317031-945

Mobile:           +49 (0)170 3322254

--- Tine 2.0 - Open Source Groupware and CRM -> www.tine20.org ---

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508

Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

Back to the top