Re: [egit-dev] Possibility of hosting another eclipse plugin at egit.eclipse.org

Hi,

SWTBot already has a repo at git.eclipse.org and I was only writing in to see if we could use gerrit :) I'll ask the webmaster and EMO to see what they think.

Thanks a lot for those inputs!

--
Ketan
eclipse.org/swtbot | twitter.com/ketanpkr

On 4/7/10 11:29 AM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
The policy is as Shawn stated. The Foundation has given EGit special
permission to set up their own infrastructure to provide us with a way
to learn how we can bring the Git/Gerrit infrastructure over to
eclipse.org. At some point in the future, we will request that EGit/JGit
move over to git.eclipse.org.

If SWTBot wants to use Git, they should send a note to webmaster asking
to switch over to use the eclipse.org Git infrastructure. At this point,
we do not provide Gerrit support. This may change in the future (there
is an open bug tracking this).

Projects other than EGit and JGit are not authorized to use the
egit.eclipse.org infrastructure.

Does this clear things up?

Wayne

Shawn Pearce wrote:

I should all say, I am more than happy to host another project on
egit's gerrit instance if emo agrees its ok for us to do and webmaster
isn't ready to run a gerrit server for you.

<mailto:spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>> This is a better question for webmaster than the egit-dev project.
We have